The Section 8 Housing Program is a major effort in assisting lower-income families to live in decent, safe and sanitary housing. This program provides assistance for low-income families in the private rental market through the HUD Housing Choice Voucher Program. Upper Explorerland Regional Housing Authority currently has vouchers for 498 families within the region of Allamakee, Clayton, Howard, Fayette and Winneshiek counties. In order to better serve our customers, UERPC Regional Housing Authority has developed an online application. The application is both printable and is available to upload to our system.
In order to access the application, please go to our website at www.uerpc.org and following these steps:
- Open website at, www.uerpc.org
- Click on Section 8 Application Forms (far right side of top green bar)
- You will see Upload Form Online or Print Form – decide which open best works for you
- If you upload the forms, download all forms to your computer, edit the forms and save to your computer, then upload each form after hitting Next button; You will place in your email and a message if you like along with attaching all forms, then hit encrypt and send;
- If you would like to print the application, print the application, fill out the application and send to our office at 325 Washington street, Decorah, IA 52101
Please remember to attach all needed documents with the uploads and with the mailing.
Eligibility for a rental voucher is determined by the local Housing Authority based on the total annual gross income and family size and is limited to U.S. citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status. Income guidelines and rent limitations are available at the local housing authority office in Postville.
The assistance is available for low-income households in Allamakee, Clayton, Fayette, Howard and Winneshiek Counties. Families making application will be placed on a wait list. Households will pay at least 30% of their monthly adjusted income towards their rent.
If you would like additional information, please contact the Upper Explorerland Regional Housing Authority at 563-864-7551 or 563-382-6171.